A number of chart elements can have borders - which one(s) do you want to remove? In general, CTRL- or right-click on the element (e.g., Chart Area, Plot Area, Legend, Title, Axis Title, Data Labels, or Text Box) and choose Format <element>. In the dialog that opens, set the Border to No Line.
Also asked, how do I change the border on a chart in Excel?
Apply a different shape outline
- On a chart, click the chart element that you want to change, or do the following to select it from a list of chart elements: Click a chart.
- On the Format tab, in the Shape Styles group, click Shape Outline.
- Do one of the following:
Subsequently, question is, how do I add a solid line border to a chart in Excel? Formatting the Border of a Legend
- Right-click on the legend to display a Context menu, then select Format Legend.
- Use the Border Color option to change the color of the border.
- Use the Border Styles option to select different border styles and weights for the legend.
- Use the Shadow option to specify the type of shadow you want applied to the legend.
Keeping this in consideration, how do you add a border to a chart?
Adding a Border Around Text in a Chart
- Select the text to which you want a border added.
- Choose Selected Chart Title from the Format menu.
- In the Border area, use the Style drop-down list to select the type of line you want to use for the border.
- In the Border area, select the color you want applied to the border using the Color drop-down list.
Where is the chart object border in Excel?
An additional way to add a border to a graph is to right-click the graph and choose “Format Chart Area.” On the resulting pop-up window, click one of the border options on the left side of the window, then select formatting on the right side.
You May Like Also