- Connect to the FortiGate 60D using a console cable.
- Open Terminal.
- Plug the FortiGate 60D to the power adapter and wait for the device to boot up.
- Within 20 seconds of the device booting up, press and hold the RESET button.
Also, how do I reset my FortiGate?
- Access the system using a web browser.
- In the navigation tree, go to System -> Dashboard -> Status, and select the Revisions link for the System Information Widget.
- Click on Restore Factory Default.
- System will reboot and load basic configuration.
how do I connect to FortiGate? Connect the FortiGate internal interface to a management computer Ethernet interface. Use a cross-over Ethernet cable to connect the devices directly. Use straight-through Ethernet cables to connect the devices through a hub or switch.
Considering this, how do I reset my FortiGate 30e password?
Resetting a lost Fortigate admin password
- Connect to the Firewall through console port using terminal emulator such as Putty.
- Power off the Fortigate Firewall/Analyzer.
- Power on the Firewall.
- Wait for the Firewall name and login prompt to appear.
- Copy and paste the username and the password.
- Execute following commands to reset the password.
- Password is set.
How do I reset my FortiGate 60e firewall?
Per these docs, it looks like you fully cut the power, then restore power to the device, then press and hold the reset button once the status LED starts blinking. Older docs says within 30 seconds of power being restored.
You May Like Also